Your Neighborhood School in East Camden
At Mastery East Camden Middle, we have a lot to be proud of! For starters, we’re in the top ten schools in Camden for both math and English Language Arts (ELA) proficiency (grades 3-8). Our students also exceed the national average in growth for both math and reading (MAP).
We’re proud to be Mastery’s only standalone middle school and our small size – just under 200 students – allows students and staff to connect and bond like family.
Our classes are rigorous to ensure our students are fully prepared for high school. We also have tons of sports and extracurricular activities, giving students the opportunity to explore new interests and excel outside of the classroom.
At East Camden Middle, we believe all of our students have greatness within. With love and high expectations, we support them in finding their own paths to success.
Stop by and visit us any time!
- In the top ten schools in Camden for both math and English Language Arts (ELA) proficiency (grades 3-8)
- Exceeds the national average in growth in Math and Reading (MAP)
- Rigorous academics teach students critical thinking, problem-solving, independence and leadership
- Enrichment courses include technology & coding, art, physical education and journalism
- Hands-on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) elective including a partnership with the Delaware River Port Authority
- 1:1 Computers
- College and career exposure field trips
- Support for English language learners
- New technology and design lab completed in the fall of 2019
- Renovated gym and main entrance
- Full aftercare program
We offer a variety of athletic activities and clubs, including:
- Student Council
- Track & Field
- Girls Group
- Community Service
Life at East CamdenView Gallery
Stephen Williams, Principal
Stephen Williams is the proud principal of East Camden Middle School. He believes deeply in Lion PRIDE (Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence) and is deeply committed to every student achieving their fullest potential and having fun while doing it.
Before joining ECM as a Lion, Mr. Williams worked as the assistant principal of instruction at Mastery East Camden Middle School, a STEM Director and math teacher at People for People Charter School and a math teacher at Germantown High School.
He earned an Associate Degree from Harrisburg Area Community College and his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Dickinson College. He later earned a Master’s Degree in Urban Education from the University of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Williams is thankful to partner with such incredible people – families, staff and students – to ensure East Camden is a joyful, thought-provoking community where everyone displays their PRIDE (Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence)!
Darien Headen, Assistant Principal of Operations
Jim Sheward, Chair
In the News