Our Equity Vision
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to achieving our mission.
We strive to be an anti-racist school district that eliminates the inequities in academic achievement that limit our students’ choices, that cultivates classrooms where every student is affirmed, supported, and held to high expectations, and that nurtures a diverse organization where students, staff, and families are valued, respected, and included.
Mastery's Core Beliefs
- Our equity work- anchored in our mission-All students will develop the academic and personal skills to thrive
- Ensuring that ALL students are growing above the national average
- We honor families as partners
- All staff thrive and advance our mission to serve all students
Learn more about what sets Mastery apart
"If you want to be part of the solution, if you want to be part of creating greater outcomes for black and brown students, Mastery is committed to doing that work."
- Dr. Saliyah Cruz, Chief Equity Officer
We are prioritizing four main areas of work:
- Healthy Organization: We strive to model the behaviors and community we want for our students. We strive for a school community where all students, families, and staff feel valued, safe, supported, and welcomed.
- Student Outcomes: Mastery graduates have the academic and personal skills sufficient to navigate and lead in the world and the personal skills to pursue their chosen post-high school pathways. Mastery graduates successfully transition to the post-secondary path of their choosing.
- Student Experience: Students are affirmed and supported in meeting high expectations in every classroom. Instruction is both engaging and impactful and students are held to the highest expectations in every classroom.
- Families & Systems Engagement: Parents are partners with Mastery in the education of their children. Mastery will influence the regional debate on education and the significant issues that impact our families.
Dr. Saliyah Cruz – Chief Equity Officer
Lance Dronkers – Director of College Partnerships
Matthew George – Assistant Director of Student Development
Robert Ortiz – Senior Director of Family Engagement
Jasmine Philip – Director of Alumni Programs
Rana Shariadoust – Director of School Culture
Rebekka Shepherd – Director of Special Projects
Latricia Whitfield – Director of Social, Emotional, and Academic Development