Our Equity Vision
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to achieving our mission.
We strive to be an anti-racist school district that eliminates the inequities in academic achievement that limit our students’ choices, that cultivates classrooms where every student is affirmed, supported, and held to high expectations, and that nurtures a diverse organization where students, staff, and families are valued, respected, and included.
Mastery's Core Beliefs
- Our equity work- anchored in our mission-All students will develop the academic and personal skills to thrive
- Ensuring that ALL students are growing above the national average
- We honor families as partners
- All staff thrive and advance our mission to serve all students
We are prioritizing four main areas of work:
- Healthy Organization: We strive to model the behaviors and community we want for our students. We strive for a school community where all students, families, and staff feel valued, safe, supported, and welcomed.
- Student Outcomes: Mastery graduates have the academic and personal skills sufficient to navigate and lead in the world and the personal skills to pursue their chosen post-high school pathways. Mastery graduates successfully transition to the post-secondary path of their choosing.
- Student Experience: Students are affirmed and supported in meeting high expectations in every classroom. Instruction is both engaging and impactful and students are held to the highest expectations in every classroom.
- Families & Systems Engagement: Parents are partners with Mastery in the education of their children. Mastery will influence the regional debate on education and the significant issues that impact our families.