Your Community School in Southwest Philadelphia
Hardy Williams Elementary is a citywide charter elementary school serving 575 students and their families in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Hardy Williams is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment. We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness. Students who attend Hardy Williams Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Hardy Williams High Campus for 7th – 12th grade, thus giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience. From music to art to field trips-Our students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Hardy Williams is a place where every child loves to learn.
- Students come to school excited to start their day with their laptop in hand.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music and Spanish. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
Hardy Williams Elementary offers a variety of after school activities and clubs. Aftercare is available at the school until 6pm.
Some examples include:
- Glee Club
- Cooking Club
- Studio Club
- Lego Club
- Arts and Crafts Club
- Mentoring Club
- Girl Scouts
- Computer Club
- Yearbook Club
- Dance Team
- Boys to Gentleman Club
Any student living in Philadelphia is eligible to apply for the lottery at Hardy Williams Elementary. We give preference to students with siblings currently attending the school.
Life at Hardy ElementaryView Gallery
LaQuanda Jackson, Principal
Ms. Jackson has served as principal of Mastery Hardy Williams Elementary since 2019. She has a broad breadth of experience and has served in leadership position in grades K-12 in both traditional district and charter schools in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Prior to joining Hardy Williams, Ms. Jackson worked as the founding principal of Mastery McGraw Elementary School in Camden. Under her leadership, McGraw increased their math achievement by 600% and reading by almost 300%. She also served as the founding principal of Mastery Charter Simon Gratz High School, Mastery’s only turnaround high school in Philadelphia, and director of strategic partnerships working with the Gates Foundation.
Ms. Jackson is a graduate of Glassboro State College and received her Master’s degree from Rowan University. Ms. Jackson is the proud mother of three wonderful children and considers herself a ‘Jersey Girl’ born and raised!
Richard Spargo, Assistant Principal of Operations
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary