Your Neighborhood School in Tioga
Welcome to Mastery Charter School Grover Cleveland Elementary, recognized by the School District of Philadelphia for 4 consecutive years of academic growth! (SPR 2018-19)
We’re a K-8 school in the Tioga community of North Philadelphia, offering academic excellence in a fun, joyful environment. From math to music, and reading to field trips, our students receive a well-rounded education from loving teachers and leaders.
Our five core values are respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness.
Students have the opportunity to automatically attend our Simon Gratz High, giving them the full K-12 Mastery experience.
At Cleveland, we believe in the greatness within each of our students. With love and high expectations, we support them in finding their own paths to success.
Stop by and visit us any time!
- Students come to school excited to start their day with their laptop in hand.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in art, physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
We offer aftercare and a variety of after-school activities and clubs, including:
- Arts and Crafts
- Book Club
- Boys Mentoring Club
- Fitness Training
- Flag Football
- Foreign Language Club
- Girls Mentoring Club
- Lego Club
- Math Club
- Running Club
- STEM Enrichment
Grover Cleveland Elementary serves students in the Nicetown/Tioga area who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19140 zip code. We give preference to students with siblings currently attending the school.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19140 zip code. Click here to see the Cleveland attendance zone map.
Life at ClevelandView Gallery
Allison Grundy, Principal
Allison Grundy serves as the principal at Grover Cleveland. Ms. Grundy is proud to lead at Grover Cleveland which fosters bold, courageous, capable and honest leaders by creating a joyful place of learning where education is sacred, and students fell loved and supported.
Ms. Grundy was a founding teacher at Grover Cleveland where she taught special education and first grade. She went on to serve as the Assistant Principal of Specialized Services and Assistant Principal of Instruction for grade K-2.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts in History and Women and Gender Studies from the University of Oregon and her Master of Science in Education from the University of Pennsylvania. Through the Relay Graduate School of Education’s National Principals Academy Fellowship, she has earned her principal certificate.
Michele Haughey, Assistant Principal of Operations
Scott Weischedel, Assistant Principal of Specialized Services
Brynn Dixon, Lead Case Manager
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary
In the News