Parent Resources | Mastery Charter School

Parent Resources

Si necesita traducción al español, haga clic en el botón “Translate” en la esquina superior derecha.

This page is dedicated to sharing resources available to our families.  We will update this page periodically with the most current information. The page is split into sections:

Resources for All Families

Resources for Philadelphia Families

The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services distributed the press release below on Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020.


October 29, 2020

Department of Human Services Warns Pennsylvanians of Potential Scam Involving Pandemic EBT Benefits

Harrisburg, PA – The Department of Human Services (DHS) is warning of a possible scam concerning Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits and reminding Pennsylvanians to be skeptical of unsolicited or random calls or text messages about public-assistance programs – especially when the calls or text messages solicit personal information, such as Social Security numbers.

“We are all living through difficult times, and unfortunately, there are people who will try to take advantage of others who may need help meeting essential needs. Be mindful, stay aware, and if you think something looks off, it probably is,” DHS Secretary Teresa Miller said.

DHS is investigating a report of individuals receiving calls with pre-recorded messages advising them to expedite their P-EBT benefits issuance by providing their Social Security number and case record number. In the message, the speaker claims to be from a County Assistance Office (CAO).

DHS and other government agencies do not ask for information about P-EBT, SNAP or any other public-assistance programs via unsolicited or random calls or texts, and Pennsylvanians should not reply to such a call or text or share any personal information if they are contacted in this way. If you or anyone you work with receive unsolicited or random calls or text messages telling you that you qualify for assistance and then asking for personal information, it is most likely a scam. Do not respond. Delete the message so you do not get caught in an identity theft scam.

Pennsylvanians who have questions about whether a call, text, letter, or other communication is legitimate should contact DHS’ Office of Income Maintenance. Clients in Philadelphia should call the Philadelphia Customer Service Center at 215-560-7226. Clients in all other counties can call the Statewide Customer Service Center at 1-877-395-8930.

The federal government authorized P-EBT in the spring to allow states to assist families with school-age children who qualified for free-and-reduced price meals through the National School Lunch Program – and who lost their easy access to breakfast and lunch at school as a result of the school closures related to COVID-19 earlier this year.

DHS began distributing P-EBT benefits to Pennsylvania families in late May. To date, more than $360 million has been distributed to about 680,000 households to help families feed nearly 1 million children.  Families received about $370 per child.

DHS administered this program in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Department of Education and schools across the commonwealth. The program was recently reauthorized by the federal government for the 2020-2021 school year. Pennsylvania and other states are currently awaiting guidance from the United States Department of Agriculture to begin the program for the current school year.

Additional information about Pennsylvania’s P-EBT can be found here

If Pennsylvanians need help purchasing or affording food for themselves and their families, help may also be available through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP helps nearly 1.9 million Pennsylvanians by providing assistance each month for groceries, helping households purchase enough food to avoid going hungry. SNAP is our country’s most important and most impactful anti-hunger program. For every meal provided by a Feeding Pennsylvania food bank, SNAP provides nine. While SNAP is intended to be a supplemental program, during a pandemic and historic unemployment, resources are strained, particularly for our lowest income Pennsylvanians.

Applications for the SNAP and other public assistance programs can be submitted online at All Pennsylvanians experiencing financial hardships due to the pandemic, a lost job, or a change in income are strongly encouraged to apply and see if they qualify for assistance with food, health care, and other essential needs.

For more information about food assistance resources for people around Pennsylvania impacted by COVID-19 and the accompanying economic insecurity, visit the Department of Agriculture’s food security guide.

MEDIA CONTACT: Erin James, [email protected]

Philadelphia: Sites and hours here:

All residents:

  • Sites for all residents: Mondays & Thursdays 10am – 12pm. Sites listed at links above.  No ID or paperwork required, one box per household, supplies will last up to five days.



  • Sites for students: Thursdays, 9am-12pm. Sites listed at links above. Any child is eligible at any site, no ID is required. Please note that the schedule has recently changed for meal sites at School District schools. These sites will only be open once a week, and are increasing the number of meals per child to ten (five breakfasts and five lunches).
  • Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese sites in the region can be found here:  


List of Sites for All Residents

  • Sites for all residents: Mondays & Thursdays 10am – 12pm. Sites listed at links above.  No ID or paperwork required, one box per household, supplies will last up to five days.


General Food sites 

  • Eligibility: Any resident is eligible. No ID or proof of income is required
  • Residents can get one box per household


Student Meal Sites 

  • Eligibility: All children and youth are eligible. No ID is required.
  • Pickup details
  • Days and times vary by site.
  • 48 Philadelphia School District schools
  • 13 Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA) community centers
  • 24 Charter schools
  • 2 Philadelphia Parks & Recreation centers
  • 281 Playstreets


The following sites are available for any resident; no ID or proof of income required. The offering is 1 box per household unless otherwise noted

  • Monday 10AM – 12PM non-perishable items only
  • Thursday 10AM – 12PM fresh produce only
Palmer Recreation Center FOOD SITE
3035 Comly Rd
Philadelphila, PA 19154
Mitzvah Food Program – KleinLife FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program215-698-7300
10100 Jamison Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19116
Pelbano Recreation Center
(also called Rhawnhurst Rec Ctr)
8101 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19152
Feast of Justice
SHARE food program
[email protected]
3101 Tyson Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19149
Vogt Recreation Center
4131 Unruh Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19135
SHARE food program215-288-0796
1441 E Hunting Park Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19124
SHARE Food Program215-535-5995
4355 Paul St
Philadelphila, PA 19124
Keep the Faith Ministries FOOD SITE

215-426-9422, ext. 212

1906 Harrison St
Philadelphila, PA 19124
Delaware Valley Fairness Project FOOD SITE
Philabundance/SHARE Food Program215-426-9422, ext. 212
2646 Kensington Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19125
Mission of St. Joan of Arc FOOD SITE
Share Food Program215-535-4641
3550 Frankford Ave.
Philadelphila, PA 19134
Cohocksink Recreation Center FOOD SITE


2901 Cedar St
Philadelphila, PA 19134
Philadelphia Citadel FOOD SITE


5830 Rising Sun Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19120
SHARE Food Program267-750-8557
531 Chew Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19120
Hunting Park Recreation Center FOOD SITE


1101 W Hunting Park Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19140
Resurgence Church FOOD SITE
1738 W Atlantic St
Philadelphila, PA 19140
Triumph Baptist Church FOOD SITE


1648 W Hunting Park Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19140
Upper Room Baptist Church FOOD SITE
7236 Ogontz Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19138
Happy Hollow Recreation Center FOOD SITE


4800 Wayne Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19144
Dare to Imagine Church FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program
[email protected]
6610 Anderson St
Philadelphila, PA 19119
Roxborough Church FOOD SITE
8232 Ridge Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19128
Philadelphia Tabernacle FOOD SITE
Philabundance/SHARE Food Program215-423-9300
3150 N Mascher St
Philadelphila, PA 19133
Village of Arts and Humanities FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program215-225-7830
2544 Germantown Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19133
West Kensington Ministry FOOD SITE
2140 N Hancock St
Philadelphila, PA 19122
Philadelphia Temple FOOD SITE
1340 Brown St
Philadelphila, PA 19123
People’s Emergency Center FOOD SITE

Main Office: (267) 777-5880
​Email: [email protected]

3750 Lancaster Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19104
Parkside Association FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program215-877-1198
1719 N. 52nd Street
Philadelphila, PA 19131
Opportunity, Inc. FOOD SITE
5900 Lansdowne Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19151
Philadelphia West FOOD SITE
Philabundance/SHARE Food Program
5501 Arch St
Philadelphila, PA 19139
Christian Compassion CDC FOOD SITE
(215) 472-9040
6150 Cedar Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19143
Christy Recreation Center FOOD SITE 728 S 55th St
Philadelphila, PA 19143
Mitchell Elementary School FOOD SITE
5500 Kingsessing Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19143
Giving Heart Ministries FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program215-937-6358
6506 Elmwood Ave
Philadelphila, PA 19142
Young Chances FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program267-585-2YCF
2703 Tasker St
Philadelphila, PA 19145
Wharton Recreation Center FOOD SITE


2300 Wharton St
Philadelphila, PA 19146
Christ Church South Philly FOOD SITE
215-339-8222, 215-271-2500
229 Moore St
Philadelphila, PA 19148
East Passyunk Community Recreation Center FOOD SITE


1025 Mifflin St
Philadelphila, PA 19148
Murphy Recreation Center FOOD SITE


300 W Shunk St
Philadelphila, PA 19148
SHARE Food Program215-467-0690
1711 S Broad St
Philadelphila, PA 19148
Association of Former Gang Members FOOD SITE
SHARE Food Program
2204 N 19th St
Philadelphila, PA 19121
Hank Gathers Recreation Center FOOD SITE


2501 W Diamond St
Philadelphila, PA 19121



Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church

Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church offers emergency food pick-up for those in need.

Main Services emergency food  food pantry

Serving anyone in need  all ages  individuals  families

Next Steps:

Call 215-276-7200

230 West Coulter Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144

2800 Cheltenham Ave.,  Phila. PA


M: 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT

T: 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT

W: 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT

T: 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT

Hunger Coalition: Find Food Pantries


Meal Spreadsheet


1-800-5HUNGRY (WhyHunger Hotline)

  • 1-800-548-6479 (text your zip code to receive a list of nearby food pantries)
  • – type zip code to get list of various resources


Food – North Philly

  • Devereux Memorial United Methodist Church serves food Wednesdays at 12pm. Located at 2527 W Allegheny, 215-221-5050. 
  • St Francis Inn serves  To-go meals Mon-Thurs. 4:30-6pm, Fri-Sun. 11:30am-1pm, Coffee and pastries T/W/Th. 10am-11am Located at 2441 Kensington Ave, 215-423-5845.
  • Our Brother’s Place has To-go meals Mon-Fri 12-1pm pick-up in garage. They serve men only. Located at 906 Hamilton Street, 215-985-1600.
  • Church of the Advocate has to go meals daily Mon-Fri 12pm to 1pm. Located at 1801 Diamond St, 215-978-8000.


Food – South Philly


Food – West Philly

  • West Philly Food Not Bombs distributes free food every Friday at 4:30pm at Malcolm X Park (51st and Pine) 
  • Food Not Bombs Solidarity distributes free food every Thursday from 5-6pm at the 46th Street El Stop (46th and Market.)
  • Crusaders for Christ Church distributes food on Fridays from 3-4 PM. (Please call on Friday morning to be sure they are still distributing food: 215-387-3014.) Location: 1201 South 47th Street, Philadelphia PA 19143
  • Paradise Emmanuel Tabernacle church distributes food on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 9 AM-12 Noon. (215) 571-5406; 4704 Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19143.
  • DOPE is offering non-perishables and frozen food every Friday from 3-5 at 46th and Kingsessing. They will deliver to elderly folks and parents with young children. Their number is 267-281-4931. (Call for meal delivery). They will continue to do this through the duration of the shutdown.
  • Chosen 300 West has to-go meals Mon & Fri. 6-7:30pm. Located at 3959 Lancaster Ave, 215-765-9806. 
  • University Lutheran Church has meals Mondays 6pm; Tuesdays 5pm. Located at 3637 Chestnut Street, 215-387-2885.
  • Abundant Life Healing Fellowship Church at 100 N 63rd St (215-472-4236) offers pre-filled bags of food 9am-12pm on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Photo ID and proof of address still required


Food – Center City

  • Broad St Ministry is offering to go meals M-F 11:30am-2pm. Located at 215 S Broad. 215-735-4847 (bagged meals distributed at  the North side of City Hall)
  • Chosen 300 is distributing carry out meals on Mondays, Wednesdays & Friday @ 6pm. Located at 1116 Spring Garden Street, 215-765-9806.
  • St John’s Hospice offers carry out meals M-F 12pm-1pm. Located at 1221 Race Street, 215-563-7763. 
  • St Mark’s is offering bagged sandwiches on Saturday at 12:30 pm and is serving food Tues-Fri 12-2 pm at the gates in front of the Parish Hall Door. Located at 1625 Locust Street, 215-735-1416.
  • Sunday Love Project serves food on Sundays at 5pm, Mondays at 10am and Tuesdays at 5pm. Located at 1904 Walnut Street, 267-241-8348. 
  • Muslims Serve serve to go food outside the Municipal Services Building (1401 JFK Blvd) Thurs-Monday at 3:30 – 5 pm. 833-486-4370 ext. 2.


Food – North West  

  • Free bag lunches Mon/Tues available from Masijidullah Inc. 7401 Limekiln Pike, Philadelphia, PA 19138. Please call 215-621-7800 to confirm times.


Food – Online 



  • Senior Meal Sites
      • Click here for a map of food distribution sites for seniors from the City of Philadelphia: 
      • Philadelphia senior center grab & go lunches are here:  (available in Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian & French) It is recommended to call the senior center closest to them for either option and to confirm days/times of operation.
      • Veterans Multi-Center Service remains open to support veterans in immediate need. Breakfast handouts at 9am and Lunch at 12pm. The Perimeter intake center at 213-217 North 4th Street, Philadelphia will be accessible to those clients with only the acute needs of homelessness or hunger. Find out more here:
      • Juntos’ Solidarity Bank is a member-led initiative to get food and other resources to our underserved immigrant families in Philadelphia. Led by the incredible chingonas on our Women’s Leadership Committee and Jazaret, one of our three Fuerza Youth Ambassadors – we have built a relationship centered food and resource initiative that is informed by member experiences. In collaboration with Fleisher Art Memorial, and following the protocols of social distancing, every Tuesday from 9AM-6PM volunteers and members deliver food to your house if you do not have a car to pick up.

        You can request aid by phone, referral, or through our online form here!


Food delivery:

      • Liberty Resources is offering contact free deliveries for consumers who cannot access one of these sites either themself or through a family member or caregiver. Click here to set up a free delivery if you can’t leave your home due to a disability, due to the high demand there is a waitlist: 
      • Contact free food delivery: Click here to register online: or call 215-223-2220. Participants will receive 1 box of fresh produce. First come first serve basis. Not automatically recurring.
      • Philadelphia Corporation for the Aging: Provides meals at senior centers and delivers meals to eligible seniors. Gives out farmers’ market vouchers at various locations. 215-765-9040
      • Aid For Friends: Delivers free meals to isolated homebound individuals. 215-464-2224. 
      • MANNA: Delivers meals to people at nutritional risk due to illness. Dietitians provide free nutritional counseling. A referral is required from a medical care provider. 215-496-2662 x5.
      • SHARE Food Program


Pet Food Pantry

Questions? Please email [email protected], call 267-385-3800

Visit ACCT Philly at:

111 West Hunting Park Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19140

Baby Supplies

  • The city has opened new 10 diaper pickup sites throughout the city. Residents can visit one of the sites below to pick up free food and baby supplies. Many sites require appointments, so make sure to check the list and call ahead. See the map of locations here. List of contact information and more details here.


Philadelphia Interfaith Hospitality Network

  • The PIHN Northwest Office (7047 German Town Avenue) is open to distribute meals, diapers, feminine hygiene products, and personal supplies to continue serving families at-risk during COVID-19. All visits during this time must be scheduled BY APPOINTMENT on: Thursdays (1:00pm-3:00pm) or Saturdays (11:30am-1:30pm) 215-247-4663    


Philadelphia Access Centers (K-6th grade students):


YMCA Student Support Centers


N.O.R.T.H. Inc

  • Philadelphia WIC offices Effective, Monday April 6 all Philadelphia WIC offices will be closed to the public. New eWIC EBT cards will be mailed with WIC benefits loaded on the card. Lactation counseling will still be offered over the phone. The goal is to load 3 months of benefits onto participants cards when possible. Please contact them for more information: (215) 978 6100, or


  • WIC has stopped requiring infants, children, and/or pregnant women to come in for their WIC benefits – participants can send someone to come in for them if they tell WIC staff over the phone who will be coming to pick up their benefits and that person needs to bring photo identification. Website:  

Sites:  Hours: Monday–Friday, 7am–4pm

    • North Philadelphia WIC Office:
      215-229-3786, 1300 W Lehigh Ave #104, Phila, PA 19132
    • South Philadelphia WIC Office:
      215-463-5571, 1165 S Broad St, Phila, PA, 19146
    • Overbrook WIC Office:
      215-477-3360, 5610 Lancaster Ave #1400, Phila, PA, 19131
    • Aramingo WIC Office:
      215-533-9597, 2401 E Tioga Street, A4, Phila, PA, 19134
    • Germantown WIC Office:
      215-284-1500, 301 E Chelten Ave, Phila, PA, 19144
    • Northeast WIC Office:
      215-745-7251, 7959 Bustleton Ave, Phila, PA, 19152
    • Olney-Logan WIC Office:
      215-927-1950, 5751 N Broad Street, Phila, PA, 19141
    • Woodland WIC Office:
      215-726-1142, 1741 S 54th Street, Phila, PA, 19143
    • Lehigh & American WIC Office:
    • 2117-33 West Lehigh Avenue, Philadelphia, PA


Catholic Services

Diapers, food, Coats, and formula (Please call ahead before going to any location)

      • Northeast Philadelphia: 215-624-5920, 7340 Jackson Street, Phila, PA, 19136

FOOD: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9:00am – 12:00pm (Can only use the service once a month)

DIAPER: Call 215-624-5920 (Appointment only) If you get a voicemail please leave a number, child’s age and diaper size


      • Casa del Carmen: 267-331-2500, 4400 North Reese St, Phila, PA, 19140

FOOD: Monday Tuesday Wednesday 9:00am – 12:00pm.  Wednesday: Additional food for children (only). Service can be used once a month, Wednesday service for children can be used every week.

Diapers by appointment ONLY please call 267-331-2472


      • Southwest Philadelphia: 215-724-8550, 6214 Grays St, Phila, PA, 19142

Food and Diaper: Wednesday & Friday 10-1pm (birth certificate required for diapers) Service can be used every two weeks for diapers and every week food. 


Cradles to Crayons (Mastery social worker must order for family)

  • Diapers & Baby supplies


Breastfeeding Support

      • Pacify: A FREE mobile app that provides on-demand access to lactation specialists right from your smartphone.
      • Get the app “Pacify” in the Apple Store or Google Play
      • Enter the enrollment code PHILLY at signup for FREE 24/7 access
      • Breast pumps: You can reach out to your insurance provider to request a breast pump delivered to your home.
      • Face Masks:  Guidance on face masks for kids: You can request (or donate towards) one at Sew Face Masks Philadelphia


The American Academy of Pediatrics has materials for parents: 



      • The Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Region 18 will be closed to the public until further notice. ELRC Region 18 will continue to work with State and local government as well as community resources to provide services to parents and providers remotely.
      • Parents and Providers can drop off information Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM for processing at the following locations:
        • Northeast Philadelphia: 2361-2373 Welsh Road, Philadelphia, PA 19114.
        • West Philadelphia: 5548 Chestnut Street, Second Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19139.
        • Check the COVID-19 Newsletter for the latest updates.
      • Help Paying for Childcare Information 
      • By calling our Hotline 1-888-461-KIDS (5437) or visiting an ELRC, ELRC specialists assist families in making informed choices.  The ELRC will talk to you about your child care needs and share information with you about high quality early learning programs.
      • You can also search on-line at
      • These services are provided online through Pennsylvania’s COMPASS system:
      • To APPLY for child care assistance online.
      • To FIND a child care facility in your area.
      • To complete your REDETERMINATION online.
      • Crisis Nursery:

Baring House 3401 Baring Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 215-386-0251

      • Parents and caregivers use the Crisis Nursery while managing family and medical emergencies, appointments, court, housing issues or other activities where they are unable to take young children with them. Families also use the Crisis Nursery while searching for work, searching or waiting for regular day care and for respite from the demands of parenting.
      • 24 hour emergency care for children under the age of 6
      • Referrals and support for parents in distress
      • Referrals to parenting classes and resources to meet the family’s needs
      • Links to developmental assessments and services for children
      • Children attending the crisis nursery receive care and support from trained staff, freshly prepared meals, and developmentally appropriate opportunities for play and learning.



      • Diapers and formula every Friday from 10 am-1 pm
        • 600 Washington Ave, Phila, PA 19147
        • JUNTOS recommends getting there early and bringing a bag
      • (Updates on their Facebook page)


Under legal services for refugees/immigrants:

Juntos (in Spanish)

Virtual Grief Support Groups – Free


Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability Services (DBHIDS)

  • Philadelphia’s Division of Behavioral Health provides mental health services for adults and children requiring medical, social, and educational services. The office provides these services through an extensive network of contracted provider agencies located throughout Philadelphia. Contact: 1101 Market Street, 7th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107 (215) 685-5400


Community Behavioral Health (CBH) – Provider Directory


Crisis Response Centers

Many are turning people away due to capacity- Please call ahead to ensure availability.

Friends Hospital: 4641 E Roosevelt Blvd, 215-831-2600

Hall Mercer (8th & Spruce): 245 S. 8th St; 215-829-5433

Presbyterian: 51 N 39th St. 215-662-9161

Temple / Episcopal Hospital: 100 E. Lehigh Ave, 215-878-2600

For mental health and addiction services, contact the Community Behavioral Health 24/7 hotline at 888-545-2600

  • For mental health crises, call the crisis hotline 24/7 at 215-685-6440
  • Contact your insurance company’s member services department to inquire about provider availability at this time


Crisis Centers

  • Philadelphia Children’s Crisis Response Center
    3300 Henry Avenue Falls Center 2, Suite 3N, Philadelphia, PA 19129
    (215) 878-2600
  • Fairmount Behavioral Health (Children and Adults)
    561 Fairthorne Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19128
    (215) 487-4000
  • Friends Hospital (Over 18)
    4641 E Roosevelt Blvd
    Philadelphia, PA 19124 (215) 831-4600
  • The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386; online chat option available





Emergency Behavioral Services

  • Suicide Helpline: 1 (800) 273-8255
  • Red Nacional de Prevenci’on del Suicidio 1-888-628-9454
  • Crisis Textline: Text the word HOME to 741741
  • Mobile Crisis (will come directly to your home – (215) 685-6440

Safety & Support


Mastery Partnership with Behavioral Support Agencies 

  • These Behavioral Service Providers are based in Philadelphia and have formed partnerships with Mastery across the network. Please note that some of these services are not accessible without the assistance of your school’s social worker. Please contact your school’s social worker prior to accessing these services for assistance or any questions you may have.


    • Joseph J. Peters Institute (JJPI) 
      • Mastery Charter Schools has partnered with local experts at the Joseph J. Peters Institute (JJPI) to provide assessment and intervention services to students within Mastery’s schools. JJPI is a nationally-recognized, community-based behavioral health clinic that offers services focused on prevention of and intervention for sexual abuse and other traumas.
      • Survivor Services: 100 South Broad Street, 17th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19110 215.701.1560 (All referrals) 215.701.1575 FAX
      • Safety & Responsibility Services: 1211 Chestnut Street, 5th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107 215.665.8670 (All referrals) 215.665.8611 FAX


    • Woman Organized Against Rape (WOAR) 
      • WOAR is a non-profit organization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania whose mission is to eliminate all forms of sexual violence through specialized treatment services, comprehensive prevention education programs, and advocacy for the rights of victims of sexual assault. WOAR provides FREE services to Anyone who has experienced sexual violence.
      • 1617 John F Kennedy Blvd., Suite 800 Philadelphia, PA 19103
      • Please visit website for services 
      • WOAR 24 HOUR HOTLINE: 215-985-3333
    • Anti-Violence Partnership of Philadelphia 
      • Anti-Violence Partnership Main Office
        2000 Hamilton Street, Suite 204
        Philadelphia, PA 19130
        Phone: (215) 567-6776
        Fax: (215) 567-6775
        Email: [email protected]
      • West Philadelphia Office
        5548 Chestnut Street, Suite 3
        Philadelphia, PA 19139
        Phone: (215) 748-7780
        Email: [email protected]
      • The mission of the Anti-Violence Partnership of Philadelphia (AVP) is to reduce the entire cycle of violence by providing a wide range of services from support and counseling for victims and their families to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of violence. We provide comprehensive and collaborative programs throughout Philadelphia in schools, social service agencies, the courts, and at community sites.
    • Mazzoni Center 
      • To provide quality comprehensive health and wellness services in an LGBTQ-focused environment, while preserving the dignity and improving the quality of life of the individuals we serve. Additionally, provide services to Philadelphia’s LGBTQ communities, including: primary medical care, mental health counseling and substance abuse treatment services, legal services, HIV prevention & care, youth support in schools, and professional development and LGBTQ competency training.
      • 1348 Bainbridge Street Philadelphia, PA 19147 Main: 215-563-0652 Medical: 215-563-0658 Legal: 215-563-0657


  • Resources for Human Development (RHD) 
    • Resources for Human Development is a national human services nonprofit with the broadest possible service mission, and specializes in creating innovative, quality services that support people of all abilities wherever the need exists. Founded in 1970, RHD supports more than 160 human service programs across the country, serving tens of thousands of people every year with caring and effective programs addressing intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral health, homelessness, addiction recovery and more.
    • 4700 Wissahickon Avenue | Suite #126, Philadelphia | PA 19144-4248
      Phone 215-951-0300 | 1-800-894-9925 (Toll-Free) fax 215-849-7360
      Email [email protected]


  • Uplift – Center for Grieving Children 
    • Uplift Center for Grieving Children (formerly The Center for Grieving Children) was founded in 1995 by the Bereavement Program at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children and incorporated as an independent nonprofit in 2000. Our main office is located in East Falls. Uplift is supported through individual donations, public and private grants, government funding, and corporate sponsorships.
    • Uplift offers peer support groups for children and teens in grades K-12th who have experienced the death of someone significant in their lives. Peer support and a caring adult presence help to reduce the feelings of isolation and loneliness that children often experience after death. 
    • Uplift has multiple locations around the city of Philadelphia. Creative activities and games allow children to express their thoughts and feelings about death. All groups are divided by age and developmental level to best tailor our support programs. Uplift also offers caregiver groups at the same time to provide support for adults raising a grieving child.
    • All programs for grieving children and families are provided free of charge.
    • 3300 Henry Avenue, Suite 102 Philadelphia, PA 19129 TEL: 267.437.3123
  • Uplift the Philly Hope Line: 1-833-745-4673
    • Summer Hours: M-F 100:00 am-8:00 pm; Holidays 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
    • School Hours: M-F 12:00 pm-10:00 pm; Weekends & Holidays 12:00 pm-4:00 pm


  • Peter’s Place – A Center for Grieving Children and Families 
    • Peter’s Place was founded in 2001 in memory of Peter Morsbach. After Peter’s sudden death at the age of ten, his family and friends became aware that there were few support options for grieving families, especially for those who could not afford it.
    • Friends of the Morsbach family created Peter’s Place, the first family grief support agency of its kind to serve our area. Originally designed after a nationally recognized program, Peter’s Place has since combined awareness of local community needs, professional experience, and extensive best practices research to produce a unique grieving center that is not replicated anywhere.
    • School-Based Peer Support Groups
        • Recognizing that there are many families who cannot access our onsite services due to a variety of barriers such as distance, socioeconomic stressors or caregivers’ ability to participate, Peter’s Place brings support to children in their own schools.
        • Our in-school peer support program is an 8-week program that we bring to schools and facilitate in conjunction with counseling/social work staff and/or interns. The hands-on program features a variety of creative projects, games and discussions designed to support grieving children. By bringing students together who have had similar losses, we are empowering them with tools to support themselves and each other.
        • For more information, please contact Joseph Kelly at [email protected] or 610-687-5150 x3.
        • 336 King of Prussia Road, Radnor, PA 19087 Tel: 610.687.5150 [email protected]

Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS)

At the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year your school’s Behavioral Health Resources will now be governed by IBHS and thereby replacing all “wrap around” or community-based services, including BHRS, STS, ABA, early childhood programs and most of the BHS program exceptions. Below are the list of all the programs assigned to Mastery Charter Schools. Please contact your school’s Social Worker to inquire which program is assigned to your school.

  • Juvenile Justice Center (JJC)
  • Carson Valley Children’s Aid
  • WES Health Centers, Inc
  • Merakey
  • Northeast Treatment Center, Inc. (NET)
  • Comhar
  • Resource for Human Development (RHD)
  • Child Guidance Resource Center (CGRC)
  • Dunbar
  • Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC)
  • Family Therapy and Consultation Services (FTCS)
  • Behavior Analysis and Therapy Partners (BATP)
  • Holcomb


Philly LGBTQ Mental Wellness Resource List:

The Anxiety and Agoraphobia Treatment Center in Bala Cynwyd is offering health care workers helping with the outbreak free teletherapy sessions. Medical workers can contact the center at 610-667-6490 to schedule phone or online sessions.


LBGTQ Community and COVID-19

It’s really hard when you feel different from those around. If you identify as someone who is attracted to the same gender as yourself, multiple genders, or no one at all or feel that you are a different gender then the body you were born in, it can make you feel really different. However, you are not alone. There are lots of people out there that feel the same way you do. Here are some resources for people identifying across the gender and sexuality spectrums.


  • Human Right’s Campaign: Click Here
  • 9 Strategies for Quarantining in a Non-LGBTQ+ Affirming Environment: Click Here



For those on Philly Medicaid covered by CBH for behavioral and mental health, call member services 24/7 at 1-888-545-2600 for a care connection.

CBH has developed a comprehensive network changes reference list that is updated daily and has current info on accessing resources such as telemedicine for counseling and psychiatry, treatment and medication/MAT access for addiction, and crisis care access points.

The website also has lots of details with provider contact numbers, online behavioral health supports, and the complaints process for quality management within the network.


Disability Supports:

JFCS Philly

    • Support for youth
    • Support for caregivers
    • Care Navigation Line 866.532.7669, weekdays 9am – 5pm.


Special Kids Helpline

    • Is a toll-free number: 1-800-986-4550;
      • Is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; *
      • Is answered by trained, knowledgeable staff; and
      • Connects families to resources.
      • If you are unable to call during hours of operation, please leave a message or email [email protected] Your call or email will be responded to on the next business day.

The PEAL Center

  • Individual Assistance to increase your knowledge and skills for effectively advocating for your child(ren)
  • Call us at 866-950-1040 or send email to [email protected] – we make every effort to respond within 2 days

Housing Resources: 

Philadelphia Homeless Outreach hotline at 215-232-1984 or 1-877-222-1984. 

Outreach workers will come meet the person and explore how they can connect them to any services.

Call Tenant Legal Aid at 267 443 2500. Leave a message, and someone will return your call within 1-2 business days.

Save Your Home Philly hotline

For assistance with home ownership issues, including mortgage and tax foreclosures, please call the Save Your Home Philly Hotline at 215-334-4663.

This is the only government-authorized foreclosure prevention program in Philadelphia. It is staffed by trained lawyers and paralegals who can assist you with your case, connect you with a housing counselor or, in certain instances, refer you to legal services available to eligible low-income homeowners.

All services are FREE

Daily Tenant Rights Workshops

The Tenant Union Representative Network (TURN) is providing free, daily tenant rights workshops at 12:30pm to educate tenants about their legal rights and responsibilities during the COVID 19 pandemic. There are two evening workshops at 6 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays.  There is also a weekend workshop at 11 a.m. on Saturdays.

Click here to register at least one day before the workshop you wish to attend. If you don’t have access to a smartphone or computer, call 215-940-3900 ext 1221 and leave a message to register.


LIHEAP Recovery Crisis Program

In response to the coronavirus (COVID- 19) health emergency, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will be accepting applications for its Recovery Crisis Program beginning May 18, 2020. The program is scheduled to run through August 31, 2020, or until funds are exhausted — whichever comes first.

This program includes two components that will aid Pennsylvania residents who may need assistance with their heating costs due to the pandemic.

Crisis Applications — The 2019-2020 Crisis maximum benefit has been increased to $800. Any LIHEAP Crisis-eligible household, including those that met the previous maximum of $600, would be eligible for a Crisis grant under this program. You can find information about how to submit an application below.

Supplemental Benefits — Many households who received a LIHEAP Crisis payment during the regular LIHEAP season will receive a one-time issuance of $100. This payment will be sent to the vendor that received their most recent LIHEAP payment. Households who receive this issuance will be notified by mail. This $100 issuance will count towards the new maximum Crisis benefit amount for the household. This benefit will be issued automatically and no application is needed.

How Do I Apply?

DHS will be accepting LIHEAP applications through the COMPASS website or by paper application. You may call 1-877-395-8930 to request a paper application be mailed to you. Paper applications can be mailed to the County Assistance Office (CAO) in your county.

If you received LIHEAP Cash or Crisis during the regular 2019-2020 season (October 2019-April 2020) and have not moved or had a change in household members, you can request Recovery Crisis by calling 1- 877-395-8930. You do not have to go to the CAO in person to request benefits.

Some participating vendors may reach out to households who received LIHEAP during the regular 2019-2020 season to obtain permission to request these funds on your behalf.


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Moving to Independence

The Department of Human Services (DHS) is dedicated to helping low-income families become independent while they receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits. TANF is also referred to as cash assistance.

The TANF program provides money to help:

    • Pregnant women
    • Dependent children and their parents who live with them
    • Dependent children and other relatives who live with them and care for them


How to apply

  • You can apply for and renew your benefits from the comfort of your home using COMPASS.
  • You can also file an application at your local county assistance office.
  • Download an application form (below) and return it to your local county assistance office.


If you need help completing the application form or need more information about benefits, trained workers at your county assistance office can help you.

Are You Eligible?

To be eligible for cash assistance/TANF, you must meet certain requirements. Workers at the county assistance office can provide more information on all of these requirements:

    • You must be a United States citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania. (Certain non-citizens lawfully admitted for permanent residence may be eligible.)
    • You and your family members must provide Social Security Numbers or apply for them.
    • You are required to look for a job or participate in an employment and training program. (Some people may be excused from the work requirements, for example, a person with a disability.)
    • You are required to help the caseworker complete an Agreement of Mutual Responsibility (AMR), which is a plan for what you will do so you no longer need cash assistance. The plan may include looking for work, attending a training program, or applying for Social Security benefits. You must sign the AMR and follow through with the plan.
    • If you want cash assistance for a dependent child, you must cooperate with paternity and child support requirements, unless you have a good cause for not cooperating. Your child must be under age 18 or age 18 and a full-time student. Your child must live with you and you must care for the child. You must need support and care for the child as a result of at least one of these things:
      • Death of the child’s parent;
      • Incapacity of the child’s parent (such as a long illness);
      • Continued absence of a parent from your home; or
      • One or both parents with no income or low income from employment.
    • Your resources (things with cash value such as bank accounts, bonds or property that is not your primary/main residence) must have a value of $1,000 or less.
    • You must report all income from employment or from other sources including, but not limited to, child support, unemployment compensation, interest, Social Security benefits, or lottery winnings.

How long can I receive cash assistance?

You can receive cash assistance for 60 months (five years) total over the course of your lifetime.


Philadelphia Covid-19 Rental Assistance Program – Phase 2 Starting July 6, 2020

The Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation will begin accepting a new round of applications for rental assistance.  Renters and landlords may submit their application online, by fax, or by mail. Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. View eligibility guidelines & the preview the application: here.

Applicants must be Philadelphia residents. Landlords and renters must each provide information. Renters must have lost more than 30% of their income due to reduced work hours/wages because of COVID-19 or have become unemployed after March 1 due to COVID-19. Renters who applied for PA unemployment assistance must have done so after March 1. Renter’s income before March 1 must be no more than 100% of the area median income, or $87,000 for a family of three. (The income limit for Phase 1 was 50% of AMI). Assistance is limited to $750 per month per household and $4,500 over six months. Payments will be made to landlords. Landlords must agree to the terms of the program and may not displace the household or begin eviction proceedings for at least 60 days from the final month of rental assistance

The program will run until Wednesday, September 30 or until there is no more funding.

Medical Assistance/Health Insurance 

Medicaid coverage will not be terminated unless you request to be removed or move out of state. You will not need to submit renewal paperwork until September 15th. You and your children will automatically remain enrolled in the program during that period: 

    • Recently lost coverage? Take this screener on to see if you qualify to sign up for a special enrollment period or call: 1-800-318-2596 (language support available)
    • For help applying for coverage:
      • Call the Health Federation Navigator Line 215-977-7255 or email [email protected]
      • PCCY’s Helpline is available to help individuals and families get access to health insurance in any language, call 215-563-5848 x17. Flyers on health insurance in multiple languages are available on their site here here (Arabic, Mandarin, Portugeuese, Russian, Spanish) 
      • Pennsylvania Health Access Network can help you navigate what benefits you are eligible for and help you get health coverage. All appointments are by phone only.  Call our helpline at 877-570-3642 or contact us by email at [email protected]. 
    • Medicare:
      • The PA APPRISE Program provides free Medicare/Insurance counseling for older Pennsylvanians: 1-800-787-7067
      • New Jersey State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides free help about NJ Medicare: 1-800-792-8820
    • Many immigrants can get Medical Assistance for Coronavirus Treatment. Learn more here:  and in Spanish here 
    • PACE is allowing early prescription refills for older adults. Local pharmacies are now offering free delivery for all older adults, even if they are not a PACE beneficiary. Find more details here: 
    • The Conversation Project has a worksheet to help individuals and families plan for future health care decisions here: 
    • The City of Philadelphia has guidance around burial practices during COVID-19 here: 

Dealing With Medical Bills

  • If Medicaid was active at the time of bill then bill is incorrect- could be medical facility error, speak with billing department. Ask them to check the date of service. If you keep getting bills in the mail keep calling back until resolved.  If you had/have a commercial insurance plan- Call the billing dept of the hospital to go over the bill and ensure charges are correct. May need to call insurance company to get plan information. Every hospital has a thing called “Charity Care”- Google the hosp name and charity care- you will find it.  Similar income elig. requirements to Medicaid- can reduce bill or zero out depending on income- will need to submit application and copy of bill. This is a slow and annoying process- don’t give up (appeal! Call back! Speak to the supervisor!)


  • If you can’t pay the bill consider trying to make a deal with the billing office. Ex. $1000 bill “I can pay you $200 now to close it out, or I can pay you $10/month for 100 months..” or ask for a payment arrangement!  They will be open to negotiating.  Be confident! Keep trying!  


  • Bills are generated and sent automatically.  When you get a bill remember that you have time. You can figure out a solution. It can feel urgent- they want you to feel like you have to pay NOW but remember that you actually do not have to.  Eventually, bills can be sold to a collection agency where fees can accumulate but this takes a while.  You will usually get a letter in the mail stating this.  Staying in touch with the billing office is always a good option!


Other Medical Systems Tricks and Tips

  • If you are uninsured or paying out of pocket for meds: try Good Rx
  • The state has lifted some of the refill limitations. At this time, anyone with Medicaid insurance is able to get early refills for up to 30 days of non-controlled substances, by asking the pharmacy to perform an override at point of sale. This is to help ensure folks have a full supply of chronic condition meds (diabetic care, high blood pressure, psychiatric illness, etc) at home and reduce the need for urgent care, if possible. As you stated, this is not available for controlled substances (opiates, benzodiazepines, stimulants, sedatives, etc), which require documentation from the prescriber and insurance to pre-authorize.
  • If you have commercial insurance, call your member services if needed. The phone number is on the reverse of your insurance card.
  • Can’t get a refill on your prescription?  Try these steps:
    • Getting thru to an actual human: don’t press the number they say for “refills” because it will keep you in their automated system. Listen to whole menu and try  “other” and say “speak to pharmacy staff” if it asks you to say what you need.  Try the option for doctors/medical staff too. The route for medical staff usually goes to the same pharmacy workers as the route for regular patient calls.
    • Call Pharmacy to see when the medication is due to be filled and if in stock. Your insurance will only let you fill every so often. Folks with lots of meds may find it helpful to create a calendar with med due dates.  
    • If pharmacy tells you that Rx needs to be updated– call or message the provider to update.  If controlled substance or other specialty med, a prior authorization may be needed- Ask provider if prior auth is up to date.
    • If sent to wrong pharmacy your provider will need to re-send it to correct pharmacy
    • You can ask your doctor to fill your Rx for a longer period of time if you can pay out of pocket and also could request a prior authorization for a larger supply
    • You likely cannot get a larger supply of a controlled substance.


The Health Department has compiled a list of Philadelphia independent pharmacies open now and free/no cost prescription delivery options. For Spanish, click here.


Health Insurance For Kids:


City Health Centers



  • Testing sites map:

  • Black Doctors COVID-19 Consortium (BDCC)

[email protected]

Rite Aid


Safe Healthcare for Immigrant Families

Medical Case Management through Action Wellness:


LIHEAP Recovery Crisis Program: In response to the coronavirus (COVID- 19) health emergency, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will be accepting applications for its Recovery Crisis Program through August 31, 2020, or until funds are gone (we encourage you to apply now!).  You can find more information here and a flyer from CLS here

PECO (1-800-494-4000), PGW (215-235-1000) and Philadelphia Water Department: (215) 685 6300 are suspending disconnections and waiving new late payments. Tap water remains safe to drink. PWD and the Water Revenue Bureau will also work together to restore water service to all delinquent residential and commercial customers through at least July 10, 2020 and the restoration fee will be waived. Through 8/31

Community Legal Services of Philadelphia advocates, and assists those who are having difficulties making utility payments. 

The Pennsylvania Utility Law Project (PULP) provides information, assistance, and advice about residential utility and energy matters affecting low-income consumers. Find out more here.



Contact a Digital Navigator for support around: applying for internet services, low cost computers, basic technical support, or digital literacy training.Interpreters available.

    • 60 Days Free Internet: Comcast is offering 60 days of free Comcast Internet Essentials to new customers with limited means, regardless of previous debt to Comcast. Customers must apply online and be approved by December 31, 2020. The application is available in seven languages. Apply here or call 1-855-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376).
    • Apply for Lifeline, a federal program that helps lower the cost of your monthly phone or Internet bill by up to $9.25.
      • The program provides a $7.25 per household, per month discount on landline or wireless voice service and a $9.25 per household, per month discount on your wireless or landline internet service. The discount appears in the form of a reduction on the service provider’s bill. A service provider may also offer you the minimum Lifeline Program with no additional charges. The rules and amounts of support can change over time.
      • A consumer qualifies for Lifeline if they are at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines or participate in specific federal programs, including: Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veterans’ Pension and Survivor Benefit, Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
    • Many internet/phone companies (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Spring/Boost) are not disconnecting service, offering discounts and offering free data. Find out more here



  • Germantown United CDC is here to help you get the resources you need! Reach out if you live in Germantown (19144/19138) and:
    • Need additional food for your family
    • Help with housing, questions about evictions and foreclosures
    • Assistance with filing for unemployment or any other relief program
    • Have questions about utilities, internet and mobile phone service
    • Simply want to talk, or need assistance with another issue
    • Contact Rhakeim Miller at [email protected] or 215-856-4303 ext. 103. Or, contact Emaleigh Doley at [email protected] or 215-856-4303 ext. 101.



JFCS Benefit Information Sessions

For help applying for benefits: 

1-833-373-5868 (Statewide number) or Benephilly: 844-848-4376 (Philadelphia County)


Miscellaneous Essentials

For Clothing Assistance

    • Our Closet is creating customized emergency clothing packages for clients with urgent need and delivering these packages directly to these clients across the Greater Philadelphia region. If you are in urgent need of clothing, please contact Our Closet’s Program Coordinator Ricki Eisenstein at [email protected] or call the Our Closet phone line at 267-256-2179. Families can reach out themselves or through their case managers/social workers, with their particular clothing needs (including sizes) and we do our best to put together packages that meet their needs.   We are hoping to be able to re-open our small neighborhood pop-up shops where people can come and shop for free by the Fall in a modified way.  Plans are not yet set for how and when we will be able to do this.

Pet Food Pantry

Mutual Aid:


    • They will deliver groceries to you with a shopping list you provide


West Philly

Option 1:

      • Pickup at 6250 Baltimore Ave or Delivery Available
      • Can request food, meals, diapers, water, formula, household items

Option 2:

      • Click “I need supplies”
      • Can request food, diapers, household items, wipes, soap
      • For location information, follow social media:
        • Please check @bunnyhopPHL, @southern_disposition + @theladydaunts Instagram stories and join the Dipes n’ Wipes Facebook group


    • Requests for funding start at $50. 
    • Requests must be made for very specific expenses and proof/documentation is required. 
    • Payments will be made directly to the vendor/entity you owe a payment to. For example, if you are requesting help paying a utility bill, the Mutual Aid Fund will send a check TO YOU written out to the utility company.  
    • There are two funding rounds per month (until further notice): the 1st of the month or the 16th of the month
    • ​If you don’t have access to the online application or need assistance using the online application, and you don’t have anyone who can help you through it, call this number: (267) 551-0662. 
    • If approved, expect to receive funds within 1 week of the request date

Menstrual Products

No More Secrets: 215-485-7881

Scroll to the bottom of the page to request:

Community Legal Services

  • Their Housing intake hotline will remain open for new cases and can be reached at 267-443-2500.
  • If you have an issue with Medicaid, you can reach the Health and Independence Unit at 215-227-2400 Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-5pm
  • For assistance with home ownership issues, including mortgage and tax foreclosures, please call the Save Your Home Philly Hotline at 215-334-4663.
  • If you are a parent dealing with a DHS-involved case, please call the Family Advocacy Hotline at 215-981-3765
  • For organizational updates about services:
  • Community Legal Services Flyers


Philadelphia Legal Assistance

  • Unemployment compensation, bankruptcy, probate, lawsuit defense, homeownership issues, public benefits, tax income disputes and any other general intake legal problem, will be open Monday through Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to noon at 215-981-3800.



SeniorLAW Center

  • Helps older adults facing challenges in health, housing, financial exploitation and poverty. They operate the only helpline in the state dedicated solely to seniors. Those numbers are 215-988-1242 Philadelphia/ 610-910-0210 Bucks and Montgomery,610-910-0215 and statewide 1-877-727 7529.  Website is 


Education Law Center

  • Education Law Center is a not-for-profit law firm that advocates for the rights of PA’s public school students.
  • ELC remains fully operational, working remotely to connect students and families with resources to help navigate this unprecedented crisis.
  • If you need to seek legal advice, please contact our Helpline at 215-238-6970 (Eastern and Central PA) or 412-258-2120 (Western PA).
  • Please visit ELC’s COVID-19 Response page to find frequently updated resources and information. ELC’s “5 Things to Know” guides are publications focusing on students’ rights while schools are physically closed, such as the rights students with disabilities and students experiencing homelessness are entitled to while school buildings are sheltered.


Homeless Advocacy Project

  • Established in 1990, the Homeless Advocacy Project (HAP) is the only legal services organization dedicated to providing direct civil legal services to  individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Philadelphia. HAP also advocates for the needs of the City’s homeless population, promoting positive changes in policies that impact those needs.
  • If you have a legal concern or question, call their office at 215-523-9595 and leave a message, and one of their staff will get back to you as soon as they can.


Legal Services for Non Citizens

  • Using Medical Assistance for COVID-19 testing, diagnosis and treatment creates no public charge risk.  As has always been the case under the new public charge rule, the very large majority of people who are eligible for Medical Assistance can receive Medical Assistance without any public charge risk.  In addition to this, USCIS announced that COVID-19 testing, diagnosis and treatment (including a vaccine if/when one becomes available) will not be considered during public charge tests, even if Medical Assistance is used to access these services.


Philly Tenant

City Resources for Immigrants, Refugees, and Asylees


  • Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-866-723-3014
  • The National Sexual Assault Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free:800.656.HOPE (4673) and through chat.
  • The StrongHearts Native Helpline for domestic/sexual violence is available 7am-10pm CT, confidential, and specifically for Native communities:1−844-762-8483
  • The Trans LifeLine for peer support for trans folks 9am-3am CT:1-877-565-8860 This hotline is staffed exclusively by trans operators is the only crisis line with a policy against non-consensual active rescue.
  • The Deaf Hotline is available 24/7 through video phone (1-855-812-1001), email and chat for Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled survivors.
  • National Parent Helpline Monday -Friday 12pm-9am CT emotional support and advocacy for parents:1-855-2736


Protection from Abuse (PFA) orders

  • Currently, the Courts are operating in a very limited capacity. If you are seeking legal protections to protect you or your child from an abuser, you can seek assistance at the Emergency Filing Unit located at: Criminal Justice Center, Room B-03 1301 Filbert St, Philadelphia, PA  19107
  • The emergency Filing Unit will be open 24/7 during this time.  


Women Against Abuse Legal Center: 

  • The Women Against Abuse Legal Center remains closed for in person legal consultation, but is operating virtually.
  • If you are an existing client, please call the main line at 215-686-7082 and leave a message with your name, the best number to contact you and the reason for your call. If you are trying to contact your attorney or advocate, please mention their name in your message.  
  • Individuals in need of legal services or advice- If you believe you are experiencing domestic violence and you are seeking legal services or advice, please leave a message on their line 215-686-7082. Your message should include: *Your name *A number for staff to contact you *Brief idea on how you would like us to help you. Calls will be returned during business hours and they are monitoring the phones daily.

More information about services


Women in Transition

  • The WIT Lifeline is operational, as usual, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. If you’re in need of supportive counseling for domestic violence or recovery, if you would like to talk through what is going on in your life, or if you need updates on our services, call 215.751.1111. If email is safer than calling, email [email protected] (Only send an email if your address is secure and it is safe for you to do so). Just like the telephone line, this option is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
  • They are providing one-on-one telephone counseling as well as running several remote peer support groups. They are still accepting new clients. To make an appointment with a counselor, call the LifeLine.
  • Services are free and do not require insurance

Unemployment Compensation

  • Pennsylvania has launched Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), expanded eligibility for individuals who are self-employed, independent contractors, gig workers and more. The additional $600 benefit payments will be ending on July 25, 2020. You can find out more about eligibility here and you can apply now here 
  • Workers affected by Covid-19 in PA may be eligible for Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation: Because of the increased demand you are encouraged to apply online if Call 1-888-313-7284 for more assistance. 
  • Free hotline to help with unemployment applications (Philadelphia Legal Assistance): 215-999-6910. The hours and more information is here: 
  • Find out more here and in Spanish here 
  • Resources for immigrants related to work: and 
  • You can get updates on unemployment compensation here All Pennsylvanians receiving unemployment compensation (UC) benefits will now also begin to receive Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (PUC), a $600 per week supplemental benefit payable through July 25th.


Sick Leave:

  • Many workers have a right to paid sick leave for coronavirus-related reasons, including their own illness, the need to care for a family member, or a child’s school/daycare being closed. An overview of Paid Sick Leave is linked here and here
  • More information for workers and tips for access sick leave for Philadelphia workers (Community Legal Services).
  • ¡La Mayoría de los Trabajadores de Filadelfia Tienen Derecho a Licencia por Enfermedad! Financial Help:


Financial Help




Worker’s Compensation

Do you believe you were exposed to COVID-19 at the workplace? You may be eligible for a worker’s comp claim!

What to do:

    • If you have medical proof: notify your employer in writing, ask them to file a “disease-as-injury” claim (take screenshots of this + any response you may get from your employer)
    • If there are more cases of COV-ID 19 in your particular industry than in the general public, ask them to file a “occupational disease” claim (take screenshots of this + any response you may get from your employer)
    • If you are denied there is an appeals process through the worker’s comp office
    • If you work in a union shop- contact your union to help with this process!


Essential Employees

  • Document everything- have as much interaction with your higher-ups via email and text.
  • Take screenshots and store them on a personal computer. 
  • If there’s an in person or over the phone conversation take notes afterwards and send a follow-up email to your higher-up summarizing the conversation.

You have the right to refuse to come to work if you don’t feel safe/ have symptoms. Email or text your boss with concerns and make sure to document responses.

Request safety equipment/adjusted hours via Email or text

You may be eligible to use sick days, even as an hourly employee. Request in writing to use those days- you’ve earned them

Resources for Camden Families

All these organizations give food on a fixed day of the week to the Camden Residents:

  • Mastery Molina Food Bank
  • Mastery High School Food Bank
  • Kroc Center Food Bank
  • Miguel Pharmacy Food Bank


TOUCH New Jersey – Food Pantry

    • 549 State St. Camden NJ 08102 (corner or 6th & State)

Open Wednesdays 9:00am – 11:00am

    • For the most up to date information on food distribution day and time you can check out their Facebook (TOUCH New Jersey Food Alliance) or call Gerald 856-803-3030


Camden Hope Mobile – KIPP Cooper Norcross Academy
525 Clinton St, Camden, NJ
3rd Wednesday: 9am-11am
3/18, 4/15, 5/20, 6/17, 7/15, 8/19, 9/16, 10/21, 11/18, 12/16


Centerville Hope Mobile – Bethel AME Church
1841 Phillips Street, Camden, NJ
2nd and 4th Saturday: 10am-12pm
3/14, 3/28, 4/11, 4/25, 5/2, 5/16, 6/13, 6/27, 7/11, 7/25, 8/8, 8/22, 9/12, 9/26, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/19


Lindenwold Hope Mobile – White Horse Rotary Club
PATCO Train Station, 901 N Berlin Road,
Lot #5, Lindenwold, NJ
4th Saturday: 9am-11am
3/28, 4/25, 5/16, 6/27, 7/25, 8/22, 9/26, 10/24, 11/21, 12/19


Gloucester City – Hope Mobile Alliances of Empowerment in Housing
1400 Crescent Blvd, Gloucester, NJ
4th Thursday: 11am-1pm
3/26, 4/16, 5/28, 6/25, 7/23, 8/27, 9/24, 10/22, 11/19, 12/17


Pennsauken Hope Mobile – Pennsauken United Methodist Church
3541 Pennsylvania Ave, Pennsauken, NJ
1st and 3rd Friday: 10am-1pm
3/6, 3/20, 4/3, 4/17, 5/1, 5/15, 6/5, 6/19, 7/10, 7/24, 8/7, 8/21, 9/4, 9/18, 10/2, 10/16, 11/6, 12/4, 12/18


Winslow Hope Mobile – Loving Our Cities
Winslow Township School #3
131 Sicklerville Road, Sicklerville, NJ
1st Saturday: 9AM-11AM
3/7, 4/4, 5/2, 6/6, 7/11, 8/1, 9/12, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5


Food Pantry Camden Locations


Location hours sometimes change. We recommend calling the location before you go to confirm hours and requirements

Christus Lutheran Church

904 N. 25th Street
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856 966 0153

Contact: Sister Mary Berryman

3rd Wednesday 11:00am To 2:00pm


St. John Church of the Apostolic Faith

220 N. 27th St
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856-541-9689

Contact: Danielle Wright

4th Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm


Congregation of Yahweh, Inc.

803 N. 33rd Street
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856 964 2960

Contact: Ruth Medina Ruiz

July 22, 2020 ONLY 4:00pm-7:00pm 2nd & 4th Wednesday 6:00pm-8:00pm


First Spanish Pentecostal Church

130 N. 27th Street
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856 963 6115

Contact: Marnnie Lugo

3rd Saturday 9:00am – 2:00pm


Hope Memorial Baptist Church

915 N. 36th Street
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856 365 1364

Contact: William Klein

Sunday’s 1:00pm – 2:00pm


KROC Community Center – The Salvation Army

1865 Harrison Avenue
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856 379 4871

Contact: Rosie Mejias

Monday – Friday 9:30am – 1:15pm Call Rosie Mejias For Appointment 856-379-4871


Urban Promise Ministries

27 North 36th Street
Camden, NJ, 08105

Phone: 856 382 1862

Contact: Betsy McBride

Every Saturday 9:00am – 11:00am Every Fridays 3:00pm – 5:00pm


Mt. Calvary Baptist Church

1198 Penn Street
Camden, NJ, 08102

Phone: 856 614 1991

Contact: Emma Gorman

Every Friday Noon-2:00pm


Pentecostal Church – Salmista

731 State Street
Camden, NJ, 08102

Phone: 856 986 0058

Contact: Nancy Crespo

4th Saturday 10:00am- 1:00pm


God’s Church of Refuge

739 Elm Street
Camden, NJ, 08102

Phone: 856 353 8359

Contact: Carmen Cintron

Every 2nd & 4th Monday/Tuesday 11:00am – 4:00pm


Little Rock Baptist Church

1210 Kenwood Avenue
Camden, NJ, 08103

Phone: 856 283 1229

Contact: Leonard Biles

Closed Wednesday 6/24 2nd And 4th Wednesday 4:30pm To 6:30pm


St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

422 Market St
Camden, NJ, 08102

Phone: 856-365-5880

Contact: Bill Irving

4th Sunday 8:00am-12:00pm


Victory Temple Community Church

426 North 2nd Street
Camden, NJ, 08102

Phone: 856 365 6689

Contact: Kevin Riley

2nd & 4th Thursday 6:30-8:00pm


Masjidun-Nur, Inc.

1231-1234 Mechanic Street
Camden, NJ, 08104

Phone: 856 365 1551

Contact: Mukta Abdur Rahman

Every 3rd Saturday 11:00am – 3:00pm


KIPP Cooper Norcross

525 Clinton St
Camden, NJ, 08103

Phone: 856-966-9600

Contact: Joe Hejlek

1st, 2nd, 4th, And 5th Tuesdays 10am-11:30am


New Wesley Community Development Corp.

701 Spruce Street
Camden, NJ, 08104

Phone: (856)541-0300

Contact: Juanita Cooper (856)541-0300

3rd Wednesday 9:00am – 1:00pm


Fountain of Life

403 Stevens Street
Camden, NJ, 08103

Phone: 856 397 7524

Contact: Sonia Martinez

3rd Friday 8:30am-1:30pm


Safe Passage CTC

1300 Thurman Street
Camden, NJ, 08104

Phone: 856 577 8719

Contact: Saki Wilcox

2nd Saturday By Appointment & 4th Saturday 11:00am – 1:00pm


Hope Community Outreach Services, Inc.

1299 Morton Street
Camden, NJ, 08103

Phone: 609 932 4600

Contact: Odessa Edmond

2nd Saturday 12:00noon – 3:00pm


New Life Community Development Corp.

1721 Haddon Avenue
Camden, NJ, 08103

Phone: 856 541 5433

Contact: Daise O’Brien

4th Wednesday 10:00am – 2:00pm And 3rd Friday 4pm – 5pm


Shalom’s Baptist Church

1036 South Broadway
Camden, NJ, 08103

Phone: 856 541 9666

Contact: Vanessa Stratton

4th Saturday 8:00am – 12:00noon


Application Process

1. Fill out an application

You can complete a NJ SNAP application at your local county office or online at To learn where you can apply in-person in your county, click here county board of social services.

2. Have a phone or in-person interview

In most cases, the county has 30 days after you turn in your application to determine if you will get NJ SNAP. During the 30 days, the county will interview you. The interview will be either over the phone or in person. During the interview, the county will go over your application with you.

3. Submit verifications

Proof Needed to Get Benefits

You will need the following for everyone in your household who is applying:

    • A valid ID (i.e. driver’s license, birth certificate, government ID)
    • Proof of where you live (i.e. lease, rental agreement, utility bill)
      *Unless you are experiencing homelessness
    • Proof of earned income (i.e. paystubs, employer letter, recent tax records)
    • Proof of unearned income (benefits award letter)
    • Proof of resources (i.e. bank statements)
    • Social Security Number
    • Proof of immigration status (for non-citizens)
    • Proof of student status (for college students)

You can get more benefits by providing:

    • Housing costs (i.e. rent receipt, mortgage statement, property tax bills)
    • Phone and utility costs
    • Medical expenses for anyone in your household 60+ or disabled
    • Child and adult care costs
    • Child support paid by a person in your household

Even if you do not have everything on the list, you should still apply. Click here for a comprehensive checklist of documents you may need to provide.

How soon are benefits available?
    • Within 30 days
    • If you need help sooner, you may qualify to receive your benefits within 7 days. If you and your household:
      • Have less than $150 in monthly income and less than $100 in liquid resources (cash, savings, or checking); OR
      • Have housing costs that are more than its monthly income and liquid resources; OR
      • You or someone in your household is a migrant or seasonal farm worker with less than $100 on hand

  • Head Start Preschool
  • Early Childhood education program for children ages 3-5
  • Schedule a call with a family services advocate to find out how Head Start Preschool can get your child off to a head start in early learning and find out about the many ways the Head Start Preschool learning community can support your whole family. Call 856.964.2100 to schedule your call.


Camden Kroc Center (K-8th grade students):

  • The Early Learning Research Academy (ELRA) provides early education programs for children and families from infancy through pre-school.




    • For 260 children age 3-years to 5-years old.
    • To complete an application, for Pre-School please click here.
      To speak with a staff person, call 856-614-3246.

Cramer Hill Elementary – Grades K-8
Jessica Perez
[email protected]

Sayla Hart
[email protected]

East Camden Middle School – Grades 6-8
Cynthia Soto-Taylor
[email protected]

McGraw Elementary School – Grades K-5
Frances Gonzalez
[email protected]

Molina Lower Elementary – Grades K-2
Danielle Almquist
[email protected]

Molina Upper – Grades 3-8
Deborah Yeager
[email protected]

Mastery High School of Camden – Grades 9-12
Kate Johnson
[email protected]

Ambrial Smith
[email protected]


Applying for mental health and behavioral services

If your child is struggling with emotional and behavioral health care needs, intellectual/developmental disabilities, or substance use challenges, PerformCare can help.

  1. Over the phone
  • Call Toll-Free Phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week PerformCare
  • 1-877-652-7624
  • 1-866-896-6975 (For the hearing impaired)


  1. During the call you will be connected with
  • Care Coordinator


  1. You will be asked to provide the following information
  • Will ask for a description of presenting concerns…ie., the behaviors that are prompting the call.
  • What type of services? Therapeutic/behavioral services & family support for education and advocacy
  • What type of support if any is your child currently receiving?


  1. Your child will be assigned a Cyber ID number


You may request services with any agencies under the PerformCare umbrella below are some recommendations:

Center for Family Services

Provides an extensive array of Counseling & Behavioral Health services including:

    • Individual, group, couples, and family counseling
    • Therapeutic groups including: anger management, grief & loss, parenting, empowerment, and depression
    • Mental health and substance use assessment
    • Child, teen, and adult intensive day treatment
    • In-home services for youth

Where Kids THRIVE

The THRIVE model takes into account a very important reality: Kids need therapy for KIDS! Children’s brain development, verbal skills, impulse control, coping skills and reasoning abilities are immature and not the same as those of adults.

    • Behavior Assessments and Evaluations
    • Social Skills group
    • Individual counseling
    • Individualized, Evidenced-Based Interventions
    • Goal Setting and Monitoring


  1. Reach out to Us!
  • Our Social Worker are available to support you with the information that you need to support you and your child with reviewing more in depth social work services
  • Please call your child’s school and request to speak with the School Social Worker
Mastery Campus School Social Worker Email School #
Molina Upper Middle School 3-8 Deborah Yeager [email protected] 856-298-9833
Molina Lower Elementary K-2 Danielle Almquist [email protected] 856-993-7004
McGraw Elementary School K-5 Frances Gonzalez [email protected] 856-966-8960
East Camden Middle School 6-8 Cynthia Soto-Taylor [email protected] 856-966-5111
Mastery High School 9-12 Kate Johnson [email protected] 856-726-0002
Mastery High School 9-12 Ambrial Smith [email protected] 856-966-8970
Cramer Hill School K-8 Jessica Perez [email protected] 856-726-0027
Cramer Hill School K-8 Sayla Hart [email protected] 856-726-0027


  1. In person (Check with your Social Worker for availability)
  • Visit your child’s campus in person or call to request an in person meeting with the School Social Worker


  1. Depending on your child’s unique needs, services and supports may include:





Perfrom Care: Application for Intellectual and Developmental Disability (I/DD) Services Through the New Jersey Children’s System of Care

Camden County Perform Care Family Hub:
Lots of great resources for families whose child may be struggling with mental or behavioral health while home from school can be found here.



HUD Cert. Training & personalized credit repair with housing counseling

Operation Hope
(609) 200-6608 (Shirley Abreu)

Neighborhood Housing of Services of Camden, Inc.    
(856) 541-0720;


Home Maintenance training w/ loan application

St. Joseph’s Carpenter
(856) 966-8117 ;

Habitat for Humanity
(856) 963-8018 (Amy)


Rent payment aid

Hispanic Family Center
(856) 365-7393



 Aletha R. Wright Center for Men

This Emergency Shelter offers services to 65 single adult homeless men. It is designed to move each individual through three phases which concentrate on addressing basic needs, life skills, employment and housing.


  • 271 Atlantic Ave
  • (856) 966-0909

Anna M. Sample House

Single women and families entering the Anna M. Sample House are typically referred and funded via their local board of social services. However, Anna M. Sample House also provides accommodations to individuals and families who find themselves in emergency situations.


  • 408-416 Line St
  • (856) 963-0430

Camden County OEO

Camden County OEO is a private, non-profit agency dedicated to serving and uplifting economically disadvantaged and moderate income individuals and families.


  • Central Office
  • 538 Broadway
  • (856) 964-6887

Camden County Senior and Disabled Services

The aim of this Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) program is to connect both seniors and adults with disabilities with a full range of the services –public and private- needed to independently live and thrive within their community.


  • DiPiero Center
  • 512 Lakeland Rd
  • (856) 216-2127

Camden County Women’s Center

The emergency shelter, with room for 38 women and children fleeing domestic violence in their homes, is one of the largest in New Jersey.


  • Domestic Violence Outreach & Support Center
  • 311 Market St
  • (856) 963-5668

Camden Peace Mission

Emergency food, clothing, and furniture to help people and families who have been victims of fires, the homeless, abused or mistreated persons, as well as entire families which circumstances do not allow to make ends meet.


  • 1634 Broadway
  • (856) 365-0938

Center for Family Services – Services Empowering Rights of Victims

Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV) provides advocacy, crisis intervention, counseling, and safe housing for victims of sexual violence, domestic violence, and human trafficking.


  • 1 Alpha Avenue
  • (856) 651-7553

Daytop New Jersey

Treatment at Daytop is designed to meet the needs of the vulnerable adolescent population. It is based on the premise of self-help in an atmosphere of positive peer interaction within the context of a family structure. The Daytop New Jersey treatment program is unique in that our substance abuse, medical, mental health, family and educational services are fully integrated utilizing a multidisciplinary team approach. Treatment is behaviorally based and individualized to meet the unique needs of each adolescent.


  • 9 Harding Hwy
  • (888) 432-9867

Family Promise – Interfaith Hospitality Network

Mt. Laurel

  • 228 Mt. Laurel Rd.
  • (856) 638-0110

Garden State Treatment Center

We are substance abuse treatment center that provides partial care and outpatient services.


  • 350 Sparta Ave
  • (201) 539-8241

Group Homes of Camden County Inc.


  • 35 S. 29th St.
  • (856) 541-9283

Hispanic Family Center of Southern NJ (HFC)

The Hispanic Family Center of Southern New Jersey (HFC) has been providing services to the city of Camden since 1976. It began as a small advocacy organization in North Camden, and has become a comprehensive bilingual, multicultural human services organization that provides services to residents across Southern New Jersey.


  • 35-47 S. 29th St
  • (856) 541-6985

Hogan House


  • 521-523 Cooper St.
  • (856) 541-9050

Housing and Residential Assistance Services of Burlington Emergency and Community Services


  • 801 Burlington Ave.
  • (856) 764-6940

Housing Authority of Gloucester County


  • 100 Pop Moylan Blvd
  • (856) 845-4959

Jersey Central Power & Light Company (JCP&L)

Jersey Counseling and Housing Development, Inc.


  • 1840 S. Broadway
  • (856) 541-1000



  • 644 State St.
  • (856) 225-1491

Link Up America (through Verizon)

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

The Home Energy Assistance Program helps very low-income residents with their heating and cooling bills, and makes provisions for emergency heating system services and emergency fuel assistance within the Home Energy Assistance Program.


MEND (Moorestown Ecumenical Neighborhood Development Inc.)


  • 99 E. Second St.
  • (856) 722-7070

Mt. Olive SDA Church


  • 800 Chelten Ave.
  • (856) 365-6108

My Brother’s Keeper


  • 40 York St.
  • (856) 365-1336

My Father’s House, Inc.

Intensive Outpatient and Standard Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment with available Mental Health Services, Medication Assisted Treatment, and Psychiatric Evaluations.


  • 104 N KING ST
  • (856) 742-0900

NJ Clean Energy Program

NJ Comfort Partners

NJ Department of Community Affairs

NJ Home Ownership Preservation Effort (HOPE)

NJ Homeless Prevention Program

NJ Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency

NJ Housing Resource Center

NJ Lifeline


NJ Shares


  • Camden City Independent Living Center
  • (856) 966-0800

NJ Shares


  • Catholic Charities
  • (856) 342-4193

NJ Shares


  • Centerville Outreach Ministries
  • (856) 342-7215

NJ Shares


  • Hispanic Family Center
  • (856) 964-4692

NJ Transitional Living

New Jersey Transitional Living is a supportive living arrangement that serves young people aging out of foster care without an available permanent family or seeking a healthy option in place of returning to their previous environment.


  • 726 Dartmoor Ave
  • (856) 318-4453

NJ Weatherization Assistance Program


  • 538 S. Broadway
  • (856) 910-1180

Oaks Integrated Care: Homelessness Prevention

Places individuals with a serious mental illness in appropriate housing and links them to formal mental health treatment and systems to improve mental health functioning.

Cherry Hill

  • 1409 Kings Highway North
  • (856) 482-8747

Oaks Integrated Care: Supportive Housing

Provides adults living with severe and persistent mental illness the opportunity to acquire daily living, educational and vocational skills in order to live independently and prevent future homelessness.

Mount Holly

  • 770 Woodlane road
  • (800) 963-3377

Project Discovery – Crossroads Programs: Project Discovery – Crossroads Programs – Housing and Shelter Assistance


  • 610 Beverly-Rancocas Rd.
  • (609) 261-5400


Rites of Passage and TLP- Crossroads Programs


  • 610 Beverly-Rancocas Rd.
  • (609) 871-0957

Sanctuary Foundation For Veterans

Sanctuary Foundation for Veterans is a 501c3 (Non-profit) organization that assists veterans and their families with acquiring housing, providing treatment and facilitating social programs in order to better acclimate veterans back into society.


  • John F. Kennedy Center
  • 429 JF Kennedy Way, Room 224
  • (609) 589-7942

Senior Citizen Telephone Deposit Program

Sobriety Solutions

We are a family owned treatment center that offers behavioral healthcare to those who are suffering from substance use disorder. Our mission is to help as many men, women, and their families on the path to long term recovery!


  • 200 Independence Blvd
  • (609) 970-4041

State Street Housing


  • 532 State St.
  • (856) 365-4400


Mount Ephraim

  • 146 Blackhorse Pk.
  • (856) 456-1121

Temporary Relief for Utility Expenses (TRUE) Grant

Transitional Living Program – Crossroads Programs


  • 610 Beverly-Rancocas Rd.
  • (609) 267-6666

Trinity Place Host Homes – Crossroads Programs


  • 610 Beverly-Rancocas Rd.
  • (609) 261-5400

United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey

United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey believes everyone deserves a quality education, a family-sustaining income, and good health.


  • 1709 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
  • (215) 665-2500

Universal Service Fund

Voa-Aletha Wright Men’s Shelter


  • 217 Atlantic Ave.
  • (865) 968-2320


    Mckinney Vento Forms

  • Mckinney Vento Affidavit  :
    • file:///C:/Users/jperez00/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/QOAFQYBU/Affidavit.pdf
  • NJ Covid-19 & Poison Center Public Hotline (call 24/7)
    • For general questions about Covid-19: 1-800-962-1253 or 1-800-222-1222
  • NJ FamilyCare (Medicaid & CHIP)
    • Will cover testing, visits for testing, and testing-related services without cost to members.
    • Will cover 90-day supplies of prescriptions for maintenance medications.
    • Will direct hospitals to waive cost sharing for uninsured individuals who are eligible for charity care for medically necessary testing and testing-related services for the COVID-19 virus.

  • Need Help Enrolling?

American Water:
American Water is suspending service shut-offs at this time and will restore services
for anyone whose water was shut off prior to March 12, 2020. More information can
be found here.

Public Service Gas and Electric (PSEG):
NJ Public Utilities (Gas and Electricity) are suspending service shut-offs for all public
gas and electricity companies. If you have an issue with your utility company call
800-624-0241.  More information can be found here:


Telecommunication Relief:

  • T-Mobile
    • All current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
    • Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
  • Sprint
    • Will not terminate service if customers are unable to pay their bill and will waive late fee incurred because of the economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic.
    • Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
    • Will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost
  • Verizon Wireless
    • The company will not terminate service to any residential customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus.
  • AT&T
    • Will not terminate the service of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential customer because of their inability to pay their bill; and will waive any late payment fees that any wireless, home phone or broadband residential customer may incur because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.

If you are unable to pay your bill, AT&T askes that customers call 800-288-2020.


Comcast Internet Essentials:

  • If you do not have internet capability, Internet Essentials is a low-cost internet service for low-income families.
    • To enroll, you must already be eligible for or receive public assistance.
    • Once enrolled, you will receive free internet service for two months, after which you can continue at a rate of $10 per month.
    • To apply, go to OR call 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish..
    • Once you have applied and been approved for Internet Essentials Service, you will have the option of purchasing a computer for $149.99, plus tax.
    • For more information in English:

      • For more information in Spanish:

South Jersey Legal Services, Inc. (SJLS) is a non-profit organization created to provide quality legal representation and advocacy to low-income individuals in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Monmouth, Ocean and Salem Counties. With over 50 years’ experience, SJLS is part of the Legal Services of New Jerseynetwork and a recipient of funds from the federal Legal Services Corporation. In addition, SJLS receives funds from other federal, state, and local government sources, several county offices on aging, the United Way of Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, and other public and private grantors.


Getting Legal Assistance


Rutgers Legal Assistance

  • As New Jersey’s public law school, Rutgers is committed to not only providing a robust legal education to our students, but to the need for legal scholarship and education to address the public good.
  • Our locations in Camden and Newark, allow us, through our public law library, clinics, and pro bono offerings and legal services programs, to provide legal assistance to individuals, companies, and communities in need.

Our compassionate team is available to support victims and survivors of domestic violence with counseling, referrals, and information through our 24-hour hotlines. All calls are free and confidential.

To reach our team of certified advocates, call one of our hotlines.

  • Camden & Gloucester Counties: 866-295-7378


Crisis Intervention

SERV provides immediate counsel to those going through a time of crisis related to domestic violence. If you are in crisis, please call one of our hotlines and a SERV advocate can assist you. Advocates are also available to be dispatched to local police departments and hospitals to personally accompany those undergoing medical examinations and law enforcement interviews.


Safe House

SERV offers 24-hour emergency safe housing in Gloucester and Cumberland Counties for adult survivors of domestic violence, their children and their pets.

The safe house offers a caring environment for residents to explore their options without fear of victimization or concern for basic needs such as food, medical services, clothing, and shelter. Children’s counseling groups, nutrition education, and other daily activities are available in the safe house to help in the healing process. Referrals to outside tutors and parenting groups are also available. If you are in need of safe housing, please call one of our hotlines.



Our trained advocates provide emotional support, maintain confidentiality, offer safety planning, and inform the survivor of all the processes, options, and available resources.

Our Domestic Violence Response Team advocates can be contacted through the SERV hotlines and will accompany victims of domestic violence to hospitals, police stations, and court proceedings. Additionally, advocates help the victim access services related to domestic violence recovery.


Legal Advocacy

Navigating through the legal system can be an intimidating experience. Court advocates assist domestic violence survivors in obtaining Restraining Orders (Orders of Protection) and in accessing all available legal remedies. Advocates provide information about options, offer support, and accompany survivors through court proceedings.

We provide:

  • Accompaniment to court
  • Information about domestic violence law
  • Support throughout legal proceedings
  • Advocacy with law enforcement, court personnel, and legal services
  • Information about legal clinics and free consultations conducted by volunteer attorneys

Although court advocates cannot provide legal advice or representation for clients in civil and criminal cases, advocates can connect clients with legal services. SERV works with South Jersey Legal Services to provide free legal advice and representation to victims of domestic violence.



SERV offers counseling services to help survivors process trauma, increase healthy coping strategies, and create support systems.

Counseling services are available for victims and survivors of domestic violence and non-offending significant others.

Services are offered to all ages and are available in both English and Spanish.

Individual counseling services are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Evening and Saturday appointments may be scheduled upon request.

Our clients encompass all ages, socio-economic levels, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, and come from every economic background.


Educational Groups

SERV offers ongoing educational groups to survivors and can help connect survivors with other support groups within the community.

Weekly group counseling is available for adult victims of domestic violence and their children.

Domestic Violence Support Group Topics

  • Red flags
  • Healthy relationships
  • Power and control
  • DV effects (including on children)
  • Safety planning
  • Financial empowerment


Domestic Violence Liaison

The Domestic Violence Liaison provides consultation with the Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCPP) to support and advocate for non-offending parents and their children in situations of domestic violence.

The Center For Family Services SERV program was chosen as 1 of 4 agencies to pilot an innovative collaboration with DCPP. This program has since expanded statewide and addresses the complications with families when domestic violence and child abuse co-exist.

SERV continues to offer this vital program – a key component to reaching our goal of addressing the needs of children affected by domestic violence. The DV Liaison increases safety, stability, and wellbeing and improves the outcomes for children and their non-offending parents in domestic violence situations. The DV Liaison also strengthens DCF/DCPP capacity to provide effective assessment and intervention for families in domestic violence situations.

The co-occurrence of domestic violence when children are present is a murky area for authorities. Often, the non-offending parent is held responsible for the violence of a partner. Children are removed from the home and everyone suffers. Research indicates that children are best served when they are able to remain with their parent and when the system assists in the safety of both.

With the high correlation of domestic violence and child abuse, it is imperative that domestic violence professionals work collaboratively with case workers in the children’s services arena to assist both the adult and child victims of abuse. This partnership has placed a SERV Domestic Violence Liaison on-site at Cumberland and Gloucester Counties DCPP offices to work on cases involving domestic violence and child abuse.


Peaceful Tomorrows

In Cumberland and Gloucester County, Center For Family Services offers the Peaceful Tomorrows program. Throughout a period of 12-15 individual and joint parent-child sessions, Peaceful Tomorrows staff provide a safe and supportive environment to express emotions and explore nonviolent ways of managing anger. Counselors employ proven therapeutic methods to help participants feel empowered to make choices, improve their own confidence and self-esteem, and heal from the trauma of domestic violence.


Educational Trainings

Our staff conducts free trainings for local service providers, law enforcement, community groups, and health care organizations to help people recognize the signs of domestic violence and work together in prevention efforts. To request a training for your organization or school, call 1-866-295-SERV (7378) or 1-800-225-0196 or complete the Presentation Request Form.

  •   From Home 24/7 Support
    • Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 (English) and 1-888-628-9454 (En Español)
    • New Jersey Hopeline:1-855-654-6735
    • Crisis Text Line: Text the word HOME to 741741
    • 2nd Floor Youth Helpline: 1-888-222-2228 (call or text).
    • Performcare Mobile Crisis (will come directly to your home): 1-877-652-7624
  • Adolescent Crisis Centers
    • Twin Oaks Crisis Center

Cherry Hill Hospital – Emergency Room

2201 Chapel Ave W Cherry Hill, NJ 08002


      • Call Twin Oaks for an Appointment at 856-428-4357
  • In-Home Counseling Services

Performcare will still be continuing in-home counseling services. If interested in setting up services during this time call 1-877-652-7624.

Mastery's Social Workers

Cleveland Elementary

Clymer Elementary

Cramer Hill Elementary

Douglass Elementary

East Camden Middle

Gratz High School

Gratz Prep Middle

Hardy Elementary

Hardy High

Harrity Elementary

Lenfest Campus

Mann Elementary

Mastery HS Camden

McGraw Elementary

Molina Elementary

Pastorious-Richardson Elementary

Pickett Campus

Mastery Prep Elementary



Thomas Elementary

Thomas High

Wister Elementary

Student-Parent Handbooks

Code of Conduct

DACA Resources

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has announced that the agency is accepting DACA renewal applications from certain individuals at this time.

It is extremely important that any individual who needs to file a DACA renewal application and did not do so prior to October 5,2017 do so IMMEDIATELY, without any delay.  The reason for this is that the Government is seeking a reversal of the recent  federal court order that the Government must continue to accept DACA renewal applications.  Should that order be reversed, the renewal process will be closed immediately. That could happen in a matter of days. (Presumably, if the process is closed by court order,  all renewal applications in the pipeline will be dealt with according to the procedures in place at this time.)

Here are the current rules and explanations for who may renew at this time.  (The reference to USCIS is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services bureau of the Department of Homeland Security):

1.     1.  If your DACA expired on or after September 5, 2017, you may send USCIS DACA renewal applications. This means you must fill out the latest versions of Form I-821D, Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, and Form I-765WS Worksheet.

2.      2. If your DACA expired before September 5, 2016, you must reapply through an initial application, not renew. Everyone must include the date your DACA expired or will expire on Part 1 of the Form I-821D.

3.     3.   USCIS will not accept any first-time DACA applications. No new or first-time DACA applications will be accepted by USCIS. 

4.     4.  Requests for advance parole from DACA recipients will not be accepted. 

The official page on the USCIS website with links to the relevant forms for each category of renewal applicant is found below.  Please note that the 2016 dates found in the announcement would appear to be a typo.

September 29, 2017



Dear Mastery Community,


The deadline to apply for a 2-year renewal for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is October 5th.  Thanks to a generous donation from a Mastery partner, any students, alumni, parents of Mastery students, teachers, or staff that are eligible for DACA and financially constrained by the $500 filing fee can receive financial assistance.


If you need financial assistance in order to re-apply for DACA, please reach out to your school’s Family and Community Engagement Manager or Ceci Schickel directly at [email protected] so we can quickly process your filing fees before the October 5th deadline.





Ceci Schickel, Senior Director of Organizing and Advocacy

Dr. William Hayes, Principal, Mastery East Campus & Mastery High School of Camden

Rickia Reid, Principal, Mastery Molina Upper Elementary

Robyne McLeod, Principal, Mastery Molina Lower Elementary

Meredith Howell-Turner, Principal, Mastery Cramer Hill Lower Elementary

Jessie Gismondi, Principal, Mastery Cramer Hill Upper Elementary

LaQuanda Jackson, Principal, Mastery McGraw Elementary


School Contacts & Phone Numbers

Mastery East Campus (East Camden Middle): (856) 966-5111
Mastery High School of Camden: (856) 966-5111
Mastery Cramer Hill Elementary: (856) 338-0463
Mastery Molina Upper Elementary: (856) 966-8970
Mastery Molina Lower Elementary: (856) 966-8970

In light of the president’s decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, I want to state emphatically Mastery’s enduring and unwavering commitment to support ALL of our students. Children need to know that they are valued and loved. No matter who they are or where they live, children should not live in fear about being uprooted from the community they call home. Holding children accountable for immigration violations they had no control over is not keeping with the values of our country and contradicts the values we teach in our classrooms.

To our DREAMers – students, alumni, staff and families – and our immigrant communities at large, know that we stand with you and we support you.

Scott Gordon


Mastery Charter Schools


students at 24 schools
in Philadelphia and Camden

Learn More