Your Neighborhood School in Cramer Hill
Cramer Hill is a neighborhood elementary school serving close to 720 students and their families in kindergarten through 8th grade. We are in the top ten schools in Camden for both math and English Language Arts proficiency (grades 3-8). Our students also exceed national trends in growth for both math and reading.
Our state-of-the-art building has a gym, playground, soccer field, library and science labs. Students get free breakfast and lunch. We also have an aftercare program.
At Cramer Hill, we believe all of our students have greatness within. With love and high expectations, we support them in finding their own paths to success.
Stop by and visit us any time!
- In the top ten schools in Camden for both math and English Language Arts proficiency (grades 3-8)
- Highest kindergarten reading outcomes in the Mastery network
- 3rd – 8th graders exceed national trends in growth on math and reading assessments
- 4th grade math standardized test pass rates have tripled since the 2015-16 school year (PARCC – Across all Mastery Schools of Camden)
- After school tutoring available
- Fun morning meeting gets students ready to learn
- Free play or structured recess
- Play in K & 1st helps students learn social-emotional skills like self-awareness, empathy and conflict resolution
- Art, music and physical education
- Core values of kindness, responsibility, respect, teamwork and hard work
We offer a free aftercare program and a variety of after school activities and clubs, including:
- Latin Dance
- Mindfulness and Yoga
- Running Club
- Student Council
- Martial Arts/Self-Defense
- Community Service Club
- Rising Queens
Life at Cramer HillView Gallery
Jessie Gismondi, Principal
Jessie Gismondi is the founding principal for Cramer Hill Upper. Before joining the Cramer Hill team, she was the assistant principal of instruction at North Camden Elementary (which merged with Cramer Hill in 2017), and a teacher at Mastery’s Mann Elementary in Philadelphia. She is a passionate leader who is looking to inspire her students and staff with joy and positive energy!
Principal Gismondi received her Master’s degree in Educational Leadership from St. Joe’s University in Philadelphia and earned her undergraduate degree from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh.
She loves working in Camden and has grown to love the community and the relationships she has built there. As a Philadelphia native, she enjoys being able to work so close to home.
Elizabeth Kiniery, Assistant Principal of Operations
Jim Sheward, Chair
In the News