Academic Excellence. Joyful Classrooms.
Welcome to Clymer Elementary, a K-6 school in the Nicetown/Tioga community in North Philadelphia! We offer academic excellence in a fun, joyful environment. From math to music, and reading to field trips, our students receive a well-rounded education from loving teachers and leaders.
We focus on five core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness.
Clymer students have the opportunity to automatically attend our Gratz Prep Middle and Simon Gratz High, giving them the full K-12 Mastery experience.
Stop by and visit us any time!
- Students arrive to school excited to start their day with their laptops in hand
- Free breakfast
- Fun morning meeting to get students ready to learn
- 2-3 hours of reading instruction in small groups with the teacher
- Math, social studies and science
- Free lunch
- Free play or structured recess
- Art, physical education, and dance for all students
- Once the school day is over, students may stay on campus to participate in clubs or the aftercare program.
- Participants of the fresh fruit and vegetables program providing students with a daily healthy snack
We offer a variety of after-school activities and clubs, including:
- Board Game Club
- Flag Football
- Homework Club
Clymer Elementary serves students in the Nicetown/Tioga area who live in the school’s attendance zone within the 19133 zip code.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19133 zip code.
Heather Scheg, Principal
Heather Scheg is the proud principal of Clymer Elementary. She loves to watch students and staff grow and learn, and enjoys building relationships in the community.
Before joining Clymer, Ms. Scheg worked as the assistant principal of instruction at Mastery’s Shoemaker Campus in West Philadelphia and a math teacher at Mariana Bracetti Academy, a charter school in Kensington.
She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Special Education and Math minor from West Chester University and later earned a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Chestnut Hill College. After moving many times while growing up, she’s thrilled to call Philadelphia home and plant roots at Clymer Elementary.
Ms. Scheg is grateful to partner with such incredible people – families, staff and students – to ensure Clymer is a joyful, structured community where everyone loves to grow and learn!
Jordan Hager, Assistant Principal of Operations
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary