Your Neighborhood School in Germantown
Pastorius-Richardson is a neighborhood elementary school serving over 630 students and their families in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Pastorius-Richardson is a special place where your child will experience the joy of learning in a safe, positive environment.
We focus on 5 core values: respect, responsibility, hard work, teamwork and kindness.
Students who attend Pastorius-Richardson Elementary have the opportunity to automatically attend our Simon Gratz Campus for 9th – 12th grade, giving them a full K-12 Mastery experience.
From music to art to field trips – Pastorius-Richardson students take part in a well-rounded education. We work closely with our families to ensure Pastorius-Richardson is a place where every child loves to learn.
Stop by and visit us any time!
- Students come to school excited to start their day, with their laptop in hand.
- The day starts with free breakfast.
- Students are greeted by their teacher and head to their classroom for morning meeting.
- We value reading. Students have at least 2-3 hours of reading where they work in small groups with the teacher.
- Students have classes in math, social studies, and science.
- Students head back to the cafeteria to enjoy free lunch.
- Afterwards, students enjoy free play or structured recess.
- Students engage in physical education, music or foreign language. We are proud to educate the whole child at Mastery.
- Once the school day is over, students may stay to participate in clubs.
Pastorius offers a variety of after school activities and clubs.
Some examples include:
- Book Club
- Boys Club
- Girls Club
- Homework Support
- Science Club
Pastorius-Richardson Elementary serves students in the Germantown community who live in the school’s attendance zones within the zip codes of 19144 and 19138.
The school cannot enroll students living outside of its attendance zone, even if they reside within the listed 19144 and 19138 zip codes. Click here to see the Pastorius-Richardson attendance zone map.
Life at PastoriusView Gallery
In the News
100 Black Men ReadRead Article
Eric Langston, Principal
Eric Langston has been the principal of Mastery Charter School Pastorius-Richardson Elementary since 2018. A founding staff member at the school, he began his journey at Pastorius-Richardson in 2013 as the dean of students and also served as the assistant principal of school culture.
Prior to coming to Mastery, Mr. Langston served as the academic advisor for the Temple University Upward Bound Program. He graduated from Temple University in 2011 attaining a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in History. He also attended the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) where he received his Master of Science in Organizational Development and Leadership and continued his educational path at Chestnut Hill College where he received his Master of Education with a focus on Leadership and Administration.
Mr. Langston is a native of North Philadelphia and his aim is to eradicate academic and social injustices for our black and brown students. When he was in middle school, he wrote a play and won 1st place with Philadelphia Young Playwrights and his play was performed in front of a live audience.
Vonetta Boggs, Assistant Principal of Operations
Bob Victor, Ex-Officio Chair
Don Kimelman, Treasurer
Sulaiman Rahman, Secretary