Black Lives Matter Week
Mastery is committed to fighting racism and promoting social justice. In doing so, this year we are kicking off Black History Month by celebrating Black Lives Matter at School Week. From February 1st – February 5th we will be posting highlights from all of our schools celebrating Black joy, academic excellence, and the advancement of our Black and brown students and staff.
We will focus on four main demands – End Zero Tolerance, Hire Black Teachers, Mandate Black History, and Fund Counselors, Not Cops – that will serve as themes for the content shared throughout the week. We’ll be spotlighting the great work happening in support of Black Lives Matter on both our website and our social media channels next week.
At Mastery, we are working every day to make BLM and racial justice a central part of our mission and the work that we do every day. Although we have done so much, we still have a lot left to accomplish on this journey. We remain dedicated in becoming an anti-racist school district that supports and values our students, staff, and families.
Visit our website’s Anti-Racism page to learn more about Mastery’s commitment to our students, our staff, and our community. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to share in our celebration.
- End Zero Tolerance: Learn from school culture staff and student leaders onhow Restorative Justice is practiced in their schools.
- Hire Black Teachers: Hear from Mastery’s educators, leaders, and community members on their professional development experience with Mastery.
- Mandate Black History: Learn how Mastery’s schools incorporate Black history in their libraries and in their classrooms.
- Fund Counselors not Cops: Meet the Mastery team that works to support our students and provide resources to our families at our schools
- SOLIDARITY – BLM: See how Mastery stands with BLM and how we celebrated this week of action.